TaqNovaGC DNA Polymerase is an ideal tool for the amplification of GC-rich templates. A recombinant and thermostable enzyme isolated from Thermus aquaticus, is recommended for a wide range of applications requiring DNA synthesis at extremely high temperatures. The TaqNovaGC DNA polymerase is a universal DNA polymerase which works rapidly and effectively in various PCR conditions. The enzyme catalyses DNA synthesis in a 5’→ 3’ direction, shows no 3’→ 5’ exonuclease activity, but has a 5’→ 3’ exonuclease activity.
The application of appropriate PCR buffer conditions and 5x GC-Additive as the PCR enhancer enables the amplification of specific DNA regions with a high GC-content. This PCR additive changes DNA behavior upon heating and can be used with GC-rich primer-template pairs which do not work well under standard PCR conditions. The 5x GC-Additive reduces the number of secondary structures and enables the specific hybridisation of primers.
Features and advantages
- Recombinant enzyme of high purity
- Extreme yield with minimal amounts of enzyme and little optimization
- Half-life of the enzyme is 45 minutes at 95°C
- Amplifies fragments of up to 5 kb
- High specificity
- Enables the amplification of specific DNA regions with a high GC-content
- Efficient amplification of short and medium size DNA sequences
- GC-rich templates
- Ideal for problematic templates, which fail with standard Taq DNA polymerases
- Diagnostic PCR
- TA cloning
One unit is defined as an amount of enzyme required to incorporate 10 nmol of dNTPs to an insoluble DNA fraction in 30 minutes at 75°C in a 50 μl reaction.
TaqNovaGC DNA Polymerase (RP73) – Discontinued - Manual
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0, 25°C), 100 mM KCl, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT,
0.5% (v/v) Nonidet P40, 0.5% (v/v) Tween 20, 50% (v/v) glycerol
Store all components at -20°C.
Shipping on dry or blue ice.
Free of nonspecific nucleases (DNases) contamination. Extensively tested in PCR reactions.