170,00 €TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is an universal and easy-to-use DNA polymerase, that works rapidly and effectively in various PCR conditions. The enzyme catalyses DNA synthesis in a 5’→3’ directions, it does not show a 3’→5’ and 5’→3’ exonuclease activity.
TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is a 62.7 kDa recombinant, fragment of thermostable Taq DNA polymerase isolated from Thermus aquaticus. It is recommended for a wide range of applications, which require DNA synthesis in extremely high temperatures.
Stoffel fragment is encoded by a modified form of the Thermus aquaticus DNA polymerase gene which has been inserted into an Escherichia coli host. The modified gene encodes a 540 amino acid fragment lacking the N-terminal 292 amino acid portion of the full length TaqNova DNA Polymerase.
The thermostability of TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is about twice as high as the TaqNova DNA Polymerase and requires higher MgCl2 concentration level and lower ionic strenght for its optimum enzymatic activity.
- Consistent results
- Suitable for a wide range of applications
- High-purity recombinant enzyme – confirmed 95% purity recombinant enzyme
- High efficiency enzyme – extreme yields
- Easy to use – no optimization required
- Maximum performance with improved reaction buffer formulation
- No exonuclease activity
- High thermostability – half-life of the enzyme is 20 minutes at 97.5°C
- Amplifies fragments of up to 5 kb
- Leaves ‘A’ overhangs
- Efficient amplification of short and medium size sequences.
- Diagnostic PCR.
- TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is strongly sugested for GC rich and secondary structure templates – the increase thermal stability of the TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase may lead to superior amplification of excessively GC rich templates and templates with secondary structure by allowing the use of denaturation temperatures as high as 98°C.
- Multiplex PCR – no need for MgCl2 optimization – the vast magnesium optimum for TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase reduces the need for magnesium optimization experiments and increases the easiness of “Multiplex PCR” optimization, the simultaneous amplification of multi targets in the same reaction.
- Genotyping – TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase shows great performance in genetic mapping using primers with arbitrary sequences (RAPD).
- ASA PCR (Allele Specific Amplification PCR) – amplification depends of 3’ terminal bases, that complement the primer.
One unit is defined as an amount of enzyme required to incorporate 10 nmol of dNTPs to an insoluble DNA fraction in 30 minutes at 72°C in a 50 μl reaction.
TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase (RP810) - Manual
The activity of TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is optimal at low ionic strength, thus 10x Stoffel Buffer is optimized and recommended reaction buffer for this enzyme. The use of a different reaction buffer may significantly reduces the enzyme activity.
TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase has a broad MgCl2 optimum range (2.5 – 5 mM) and generally requires higher concentrations of magnesium ions than TaqNova DNA Polymerase. A 3 mM MgCl2 concentration is a suggested starting point for PCR protocol optimization.
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0 at 25°C), 100 mM KCl, 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, 0.5% (v/v) Nonidet P40, 0.5% (v/v) Tween 20, 50% (v/v) glycerol.
10x Stoffel Buffer
100 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3 at 25°C), 100 mM KCl
Store all components at -20°C.
Shipping on dry or blue ice.
Free of nonspecific nucleases (DNases) contamination. Extensively tested in PCR reactions. TaqNova Stoffel DNA Polymerase is ≥ 95% pure as determined by SDS-PAGE analysis using Coomassie Blue detection.