79,00 € – 288,00 €
The RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut is a genetically modified human placental RNase inhibitor expressed in Escherichia coli. The RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut has significantly improved resistance to oxidation compared to the wild type human and porcine RNase inhibitors, and is stable at low DTT concentrations. It inhibits ribonuclease (RNase) activity of common eukaryotic enzymes such as RNase A, RNase B, RNase C by non-covalent binding in a 1:1 ratio. RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut is compatible with DNA Polymerases and AMV or M-MuLV Reverse Transcriptases.
- Additional information
- Product Information
- Protocol & Manual
- Technical Tips
- Quality & Safety
The RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut is a genetically modified human placental RNase inhibitor expressed in Escherichia coli. The RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut has significantly improved resistance to oxidation compared to the wild type human and porcine RNase inhibitors, and is stable at low DTT concentrations. This makes it ideal for reactions where high DTT should be avoided (eg. RT-qPCR). It inhibits ribonuclease (RNase) activity of common eukaryotic enzymes such as RNase A, RNase B, RNase C by non-covalent binding in a 1:1 ratio. RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut is intended for use in applications where the presence of RNases may cause a hazard to RNA quality and experiment results, e.g. in RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, in vitro transcription and translation, or RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation. RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut shows no activity towards RNase 1, RNase T1, RNase T2, S1 nuclease and RNase H. It is compatible with DNA Polymerases and AMV or M-MuLV Reverse Transcriptases.
Features and advantages
- Significantly improved resistance to oxidation
- Completely inhibits RNase A, B and C activity
- No polymerase or reverse transcriptase activity
- Free of DNase and RNase activity
- Stable up to 58°C and at low DTT concentrations (< 1 mM)
- Active in diverse reaction conditions and in various buffers
- Active over a broad pH range (pH 5.5 – 9.0)
- Compatible with the TRANSCRIPTME Reverse Transcriptase (cat. no. RT32)
- RNA isolation and purification
- cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR
- in vitro transcription and translation
- RNase-free monoclonal antibody preparation
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to inhibit the activity of 5 ng RNase A by 50%.
Protocol & Manual
RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut RNase Inhibitor (RT36) - Flyer (Chinese)
RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut RNase Inhibitor – Troubleshooting
- The optimal final concentration of the RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut in a reaction depends on the level of RNase contamination, the incubation time and the compounds present in the reaction mixture. It falls within a range of 1 – 2 U/μl.
- For a standard reverse transcription reaction, use 1 μl (40 U) of the RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut for a final sample volume of 20 μl.
- You may use higher concentrations of RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut in RT-PCR if you suspect that RNase contamination causes certain samples to be difficult to amplify. The RNase inhibitor does not interfere with RT-PCR and RT-qPCR.
- During assembly of a reaction, RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut should be added before other components that are possible sources of RNase contamination.
- Using RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut does not exclude RNase H treatment after amplification of the first strand cDNA.
20 mM HEPES-KOH (pH 7.6); 50 mM KCl; 8 mM reducing agent; 50% (v/v) glycerol
Store at -20°C in a freezer without a defrost cycle.
Quality & Safety
The absence of Endonuclease, Exonuclease, RNase and latent RNase activities has been confirmed using the relevant procedures. The purity is >90% as judged by SDS-polyacrylamide gels.
RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut RNase Inhibitor (RT36) - MSDS
RIBOPROTECT Hu-Mut RNase Inhibitor (RT36) - CoA 2.2018 715773
Limited reverse transcriptase activity of phi29 DNA
Authors: Tomasz Krzywkowski, Malte Kühnemund, Di Wu and Mats Nilsson Products: RIBOPROTECT RNase Inhibitor, dNTPs Year: 2018 Source: Nucleic Acids Research, 2018, Vol. 46, No. 7 3625–3632