95,00 € – 760,00 €Proteinase K NGS Grade is a broad spectrum endopeptidase with very high specific activity. Proteinase K NGS Grade is developed for most demanding applications. Additional purification technology results in its significantly increased solubility (2.5 fold), increased specific activity, and remarkable purity with DNA content ≤0.1 pg/mg. Product is available as specially formulated for smooth aliquoting powder or convenient for direct use liquid. Proteinase K NGS Grade is free of exonucleases, endonucleases and ribonucleases. Also check our Proteinase K MB Grade
- Additional information
- Product Information
- Protocol & Manual
- Technical Tips
- Quality & Safety
100 mg, 250 mg, 1000 mg, bulk
Proteinase K from Parengyodontium album (Tritirachium album) is a subtilisin-related serine protease. It is a broad spectrum endopeptidase with very high specific activity. It is widely used for digestion of proteins, including DNases and RNases, during nucleic acid preparations without compromising integrity of isolated DNA or RNA. Proteinase K is active under wide range of reaction conditions, including elevated temperatures and presence of SDS. This recombinant enzyme is expressed in Pichia pastoris, and undergoes extensive purification to yield the highest quality product. An extra purification step results in significantly increased solubility (2.5 fold), increased specific activity, and decreased DNA content, compared to our Molecular Biology Grade product.
- Recombinant broad-spectrum non-specific protease derived from Tritirachium album and over-expressed in Pichia pastoris.
- High activity and exceptional purity (Molecular Biology Grade & NGS Grade).
- Active at high temperatures (up to 56°C) and denaturing conditions (e.g. in the presence of urea and/or SDS), what makes it ideal for digesting proteins in variety of applications.
- Stable over a wide pH range: 4.0–12.5 (optimum pH 7.5–8.0).
- Decreased amount of host DNA (≤ 10 pg/mg / MBG or ≤ 0.1 pg/mg NGS).
- Available as powder, lyophilized “cake” or liquid.
- Extraction of DNA and RNA from different starting materials.
- Purification of target material from contaminating proteins.
- Removal of DNases and RNases during nucleic acids isolation.
One unit of Proteinase K hydrolyzes urea-denaturated hemoglobin producing color equivalent of 1 μmol tyrosine per 1 min at 37°C and pH 7.5 (Folin & Ciocalteu’s method), 1 U = 1 mAnsonU.
Protocol & Manual
PROTEINASE K NGS Grade - Description RP100N-RP103N
PROTEINASE K NGS Grade - Flyer (Chinese)
Proteinase K – Lyophilized powder, NGS Grade
- DNA content
≤ 0.1 pg/mg by qPCR
- Solubility in water
≥ 50 mg/ml
≥ 35 U/mg lyophilizate
≥ 45 U/mg protein
- Protein content
≥ 70% Protein content is determined by measuring absorbance at 280 nm.
Stock solution preparation
20-50 mg/ml solutions: use purified water for immediate use, or 50% glycerol in purified water (v/v) for long-term storage at -20˚C. < 20 mg/ml solutions: use 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH = 7.8, 3 mM CaCl2 for immediate use, or 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH = 7.8, 3 mM CaCl2 , 50% glycerol for long-term storage at -20˚C.
Quality & Safety
PROTEINASE K NGS Grade - MSDS