The LE Agarose Tablets are pre-weighted tablets of LE Agarose Standard suitable for routine electrophoresis. They provide a convenient, easy-to-use and time-saving solution. Each tablet of 0.5 g agarose is ready to dissolve in the previously measured 1x TAE / 1x TBE buffer.
LE Agarose Tablets is used in particular for the routine electrophoresis of a wide range of DNA fragments (100 – 25.000 bp).
Features and advantages
- The accurately weighed 0.5 g agarose tablets are packaged separately in blister packs
- DNase/ RNase/ protease-free High gel strength (easy-to-handle gels)
- High electrophoretic mobility (low EEO value)
- Very low background; low absorption of ethidium bromide
- High purity (Molecular Biology Grade)
- No DNA binding
- No influence on ligase and endonuclease activity
- Conventional and preparative electrophoresis of DNA and RNA fragments
- Ideal for separating a wide range of DNA fragments
- Purification of DNA fragments from the gel for further molecular biology applications
- Southern and Northern blotting
Store at room temperature
Shipping at ambient temperature
LE Agarose Tablets (AG45) – Discontinued - Manual
Count out the appropriate amount of 0.5 g agarose tablets. Add 1x TAE/ 1x TBE buffer measured in accordance with the table below and incubate for 5 min at room temperature. Heat the suspension in a microwave or water bath. Use caution when handling as the temperature of the solution may be extremely high. Cool the solution to approx. 60°C before pouring.
The detection of nucleic acids in agarose gels can be carried out with ethidium bromide or other commercially available stains for DNA visualization.
The table shows the amount of buffer required to obtain a gel of the given percentages:
For obtaining the best separation of DNA fragments, the following recommendations
should be applied.