The EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA KIT is designed for a rapid and efficient purification of high quality RNA from up to 30 mg of tissue and up to 107 cultured cells. Significantly improved isolated RNA yields and shortened the duration of the procedure. The kit includes additional bead-beating tubes with ceramic filling for tissue soft homogenization.
|EM11.2-250||250 extractions||Ask for an offer|
|EM11.2-050||50 extractions||Ask for an offer|
The EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT utilizes spin minicolumns with membranes which efficiently and selectively bind nucleic acids at high concentration of chaotropic salts. During the first isolation step, a tissue is homogenized in order to disintegrate intercellular bonds (epithelial tissue) and fragmentize high-molecular proteins (muscle or connective tissue). A homogenate is lysed with guanidine thiocyanate and detergents. RNases are inactivated by guanidine thiocyanate and ß-mercaptoethanol (optional). The homogenate is separated from undigested tissue/cell that remains after centrifugation. RNA bounds to a Purification Column membrane by addition of ethanol. On-column DNase digestion enables removal of remaining genomic DNA. A three-step washing stage effectively removes impurities and enzyme inhibitors. Purified RNA is eluted with the use of low ionic strength buffer or RNase-free water and may be used directly in all downstream applications, such as RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, Northern blotting, cDNA synthesis, primer extension, RNA sequencing, microarrays.
- fresh or frozen tissue : up to 30 mg
- tissue preserved in RNase inactivating buffers (e.g. RNAlater®, Ambion): up to 30 mg
- cell culture: up to 107 cells
~ 230 μg RNA
- 10–12 minutes (lysis and homogenization time not included)
- 15–30 minutes for homogenization in liquid nitrogen
- 15–20 minutes for mechanical homogenization (ceramic beads)
- 5 minutes for optional DNase I treatment
A260/A280 ratio = 1.9 – 2.1
RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPORTANT NOTES
Sampling and storing the material for RNA isolation
Proper sampling and storing of biological material, prior to RNA isolation is crucial to obtain a high purity RNA. After sampling, the material should be preserved by deep freezing (at -80°C or in liquid nitrogen) or stored at -20°C in RNase inactivating buffers (e.g. RNAlater®, Ambion). Most tissues should obligatory be preserved within 30 minutes of sampling. Tissues rich in RNases (pancreas, liver) require an immediate preservation. While isolating from cell cultures, best results are achieved with the use of fresh material. If storage is unavoidable, discard the supernatant after centrifugation and freeze the cell pellet at -80°C or in liquid nitrogen.
RNases are very active enzymes which do not require any cofactors and are resistant to 15 minutes autoclaving at 121°C. In order to avoid enzyme’s degrading effect on RNA, it is essential to follow the recommendations below:
- Use disposable gloves at all times when working with RNA. Do not come in contact with any items that are not specifically designed to work with RNA.
- If possible, keep the samples at 2–8°C at all stages of the procedure, including centrifugation. Use decontaminated freezing racks instead of ice in order to avoid RNase contamination. Keeping RNA, after elution, in the freezing racks is recommended.
- Plastic disposables (tips, tubes) should be RNase-free or autoclaved at 134°C for 18–20 minutes.
- Reusable plastic, glass and porcelain should be soaked overnight in 0.1 N NaOH/0.1% DEPC water (or RNase-free water) and then washed with 0.1% DEPC water (or RNase-free water). When applicable, glass and porcelain (mortars) should be parched at 150–140°C for 2–4 h and cooled to room temperature.
- Wipe surfaces, pipettes, centrifuge (rotor should be wiped separately) and tube racks with 3% hydrogen peroxide or <0.5% sodium hypochlorite (or any commercially available RNase inactivating fluid). Prior to decontamination, test the decontaminant on a small area of the material for possible undesired reactions.
EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.2) - Discontinued - Manual
EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.2) - Discontinued - Manual - Isolation Protocol
EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA KIT – TROUBLESHOOTING
The quality of each production batch (LOT) of the EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA KIT is tested with the use of standard QC procedures. Purified RNA concentration and quality are evaluated by gel electrophoresis and spectrophotometer
EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.2) - Discontinued - MSDS
Protein-Bound Polysaccharides from Coriolus Versicolor Induce RIPK1/RIPK3/MLKL-Mediated Necroptosis in ER-Positive Breast Cancer and Amelanotic Melanoma Cells
Authors Małgorzata Pawlikowska, Tomasz Jędrzejewski, Anna A. Brożyna, Sylwia Wrotek Products EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.1) – Discontinued, EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.2) – Discontinued Year 2020 Source Cell Physiol Biochem
TGF-β activity in cow milk and fermented milk products: An in vitro bioassay with oral fibroblasts
Authors Panahipour L., Stähli A., Haiden N., Gruber R. Products EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.1) – Discontinued, EXTRACTME TOTAL RNA PLUS KIT (EM11.2) – Discontinued Year 2018 Source Elsevier, Archives of Oral Biology 95 (2018) 15–21