The 6x DNA Loading Buffer products facilitate the loading of DNA on agarose or polyacrylamide gels. The buffers are concentrated by a factor of six, so in order to obtain the best results mix 2 μl of the loading buffer with 10 μl of the DNA sample. The loading buffers contains either Ficoll® 400 (6x BLUE, 6x ORANGE, 6x GREEN) or glycerol (6x VIOLET), which facilitate rapid sinking to the bottom of the well in the agarose or polyacrylamide gel. The solutions protect DNA thanks to the presence of EDTA, which inactivates nucleases and other enzymes by binding the divalent metal ions crucial to their activity. Most of the Loading Buffers contain dyes which migrate in the electrophoretic field differently from the standard size PCR products, ensuring that they do not hinder the analysis by image obscuration.
DNA Loading Buffers 6xBLUE (AG16) - Manual
- Mix 1 volume of 6x DNA loading Buffer with 5 volumes of DNA before application.
- Mix thoroughly prior to application.
- 6x VIOLET: 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 60 mM EDTA, 0.03% bromophenol blue, 0.03% xylene cyanol FF, 60% (v/v) glycerol
- 6x BLUE: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 60 mM EDTA, 0.03% bromophenol blue, 15% Ficoll® 400
- 6x ORANGE: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 60 mM EDTA, 0.05% orange G, 15% Ficoll® 400
- 6x GREEN: 20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.6), 60 mM EDTA, 0.05% orange G, 0.03% xylene cyanol FF, 15% Ficoll® 400
Keep at +4°C or room temperature for short-term or at -20°C for long-term storage.
Shipping at room temperature
The DNA loading buffers have been tested in various kinds of agarose and polyacrylamide gels. Absence of nucleases has been confirmed by relevant QC procedures.