176,00 € – 281,00 €The HR Agarose is suitable for the separation of small DNA fragments and PCR products of between 20 – 800 bp. The HR Agarose allows the separation of DNA fragments differing by a molecular weight of 2% and provides a good alternative to polyacrylamide electrophoresis. In addition, HR Agarose has an excellent clarity of gels at a concentration of as high as 5%. This provides electrophoresis results of a very good clarity. The melting and gelling point of the agarose have lower values when compared to LE Agarose Standard and are higher than LM Agarose Low Melting Point.
- Additional information
- Product Information
- Protocol & Manual
- Technical Tips
- Quality & Safety
100 g, 50 g
Features and advantages
- Ultra-high resolution, with high clarity and low background
- Medium melting and gelling point values
- High gel strength(eas y-to-handle gels)
- No DNase, RNase and protease activity
- High purity (Molecular Biology Grade)
- Conventional and preparative electrophoresis of DNA and RNA fragments
- Ideal for PCR product separations
- Purification of DNA fragments from the gel for further molecular biology applications
- Analysis of AFLP (Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism), STR (Short Tandem Repeats) and tri-/tetranucleotide repeats
Store at room temperature
Shipping at ambient temperature
Protocol & Manual
Agarose HR (AG42) - Manual
Dissolve the appropriate quantity of agarose in 1x TAE / 1x TBE buffer by heating the suspension in a microwave or water bath. However, the best quality of the high percentage gels (4 – 5%) can be obtained by autoclaving the suspension for 10 min at 121°C. Cool the solution to approx. 60°C before pouring.
The detection of nucleic acids in agarose gels can be carried out with ethidium bromide or other commercially available stains for DNA visualization.
For obtaining the best separation of DNA fragments, the following recommendations should be applied.